Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome 2008

The year 2007 had gone, but there is no significant changes in Burma except the emergence of Saffron revolution and the death of Prime Minister Soe Win and his twin brother. Personally for me, the year 2008 passed by insignificantly also. Not much changes in personal life also. I noticed myself that physically there is slight changes, appear more white hair. I became more involved in Burmese affairs than previous year, involved in all pro democracy activities. How can I be stay away from those activities where so many people inside Burma took risks on being torture and death to get their basic rights. One activist monk told me that he was surprised that I was actively involved in such activity because most people of my age are normally like to have peaceful and quiet life such as taking refuge in Buddha.

I thought myself why I was so actively involved in the activities that would give nothing except black listed by the current regime. In truth, the answer I got is very simple. I want to settle down my old age in prosperous and developed Burma where meritocracy is prevailed, no one is above the law, all are being equal regardless of race , religion, rich or poor. Till the military regime overthrown, I will contribute to the activities as along as I could. That is my new year resolution.

No comments: