Monday, August 4, 2008

Singapore and politics

I have often seen in the news paper that the PAP goverment encourage people to be more involve in politics. I have seen the ministers having political dialogue session with NTU, NUS and polytechic students. They want Singaporean more involved in politics. They encourage talented people to join only PAP party, that is what i notice. May be I am wrong.

I wonder whether Singapore goverment have any sympathy to Burmese people. Do Singapoe govement want us liberate from Junta adminstration and flourish democracy in BURMA.? Do they really undrstand the true nature of Junta? I think that they understand the true nature of Junta, but they close eye as long as there no direct impact on them.

I am raising the above issues as Burmese activists in Singapore are having difficulty to extend their stay in singapore. One activist, work permit holder have been denied work permit extension. One activist, PR holder, has not got extension of multiple jouney visa . The activist can no longer go outside Singapore, but he still can stay in singapore. His status is like a person living in confinement.

I have to conclude that Singapore goverment do not want poltical mindedpeople. They want us people who follow what the goverment say.

No comments: